When did you last have a Legionella Risk Assessment done?
HSE Guidelines recommend Legionella Risk Assessments be carried out every two years to reduce the risks of Legionnaires’ disease, a potentially fatal form of Pneumonia caused by breathing in contaminated droplets of water. Legionella bacteria is carried through water, and if present in your workplace it can be fatal.
Our Legionella Bacteria Risk Assessment includes:
- A full site survey of the entire water system, including all hot and cold water outlets and the inspection of the cold-water storage tanks, hot water heaters and other at risk systems.
- A full breakdown of any risks identified within the system.
- A review of the current monitoring procedures.
- Recommendations to remove or reduce each risk.
- A full asset register of all outlets in the water system including water temperatures of each outlet.
- A full schematic drawing of the water system and pipe work layout.
- Free Electronic Logo Book/s.
Our Legionella Risk Assessments are Fully compliant with the HSE guidance in ACOP-L8 'The control of legionella bacteria in water systems', the technical guidance in HSG274 to BS8580 standards.
How we support you after your Legionella Risk Assessment:
We will call and or arrange a meeting to discuss your risk assessment – the purpose is to;
- Discuss any questions you may have arising from the assessment.
- Discuss Log book/s procedure/s.
- Discuss any recommendations and or remedial work.
- Agree annual review date of Log Book/s.
- Offer ongoing support & guidance.
- Discuss Water Testing Programmes – if required.
- Discuss Sanitising & Monitoring Services – if required.
We have you covered; When conducting a Risk Assessment, it is the responsibility of our assessors to ensure your business is fully compliant with L8: Approved Code of Practice (ACoP) by recording results and recommending any future actions that may be required.
Take Action: Stop! Think!
- Is your Legionella Risk Assessment out of date?
- Have you noticed the presence of rust, sludge, biofilms and or limescale in your water systems?
- Do you know if your water temperature is safe? Between 20° and 45° C. Legionella will thrive.
- Are you aware the risk of a Legionella outbreak is greater if you have air conditioning units, showers, spa pools, cooling towers etc.
If you are in any doubt about the safety of your building call us today and speak to one of our legionella experts. We can offer you competitive pricing with up to 30% savings, support, advice and fast booking for your Legionella risk assessment.
Don't waste time take positive action today. It costs nothing to get advice and a quote!
(Source Public Health England)
- 496 cases of legionella disease have been reported in the UK during 2016
- 26 cases of legionella disease have been reported in the UK in 1st quarter of 2017
- The incubation period for Legionella is 2-10 days.
- Legionella occurs more frequently in men than women at a ratio of around 3:1.
- All Legionella needs to grow and reproduce is water temperature of 20-45C (68-113F) and impurities in the water that the bacteria can use for food – such as rust, algae and limescale
- Risk assessments should be updated regularly (every two years at least) or when significant changes occur that may render the current risk assessment invalid.
Download legionella guidline for employers.
Managing the Risk:
Legionella can be found in hot and cold water systems, evaporative condensers and water storage units where it will thrive and become highly dangerous if it is not found and treated. Managing the risk to protect the safety of your staff and customers is paramount, which is why our comprehensive Legionella Risk Assessment may include water testing if considered valid. Periodic water testing, sanitising and monitoring including ongoing support and advice are just some of the Risk Assessment Services we can offer.
We provide legionella testing services to a range of businesses across the UK from; Care & Nursing Homes, Dental Practices, Funeral Directors, Doctors, Clinics, Hospitals, Schools, Universities, Collages, Education Centers, Offices, Food and Processing Factories & outlets, Supermarkets, Shopping Centers, Landlords, Beauty & Hairdressing Salons, Leisure Facilities Pools inc. Hydro Pools, Swimming Pools and so much more.
Call the experts
Call 0843 309 2180 today and talk to an expert to discuss how we can help you with your Legionella Risk Assessment. A quick call could save you time and cost, or request a quick online quote to find out more about our legionella risk assessment and testing services.
get a quote